This four-cheese truffle mac & cheese is the kind of comfort food that will make you forget all your worries!
Not only have we used white truffle butter in pretty much every aspect of this recipe, but we’ve also packed it with four incredible cheeses: Fontina, Monterey Jack, goat cheese and our very own Grande Cheese grated parmesan.
FOUR-CHEESE TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE
- 3 tablespoons truffle butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 oz Fontina cheese, grated
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb of pasta
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons truffle butter
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add the flour and cook until lightly golden. Whisk in the half-and-half and bring to a simmer. Whisk frequently and cook over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add in the cheeses to the sauce and whisk until melted.
- Cook the pasta for 6 minutes (it will still be very al dente). Drain, reserving a touch of pasta water. Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce until fully combined.
- In a separate pan, melt the truffle butter. Toss the panko breadcrumbs in the melted butter and toast until slightly browned. Spread over the mac and cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!