A classic Italian recipe, with a non-traditional twist!
5-MINUTE BASIL & PARSLEY PESTO
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined to your desired consistency. (The longer you blend, the smoother it gets.)
- Pour pesto into a storage container or mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1-2 weeks. Use it as a spread in sandwiches, on pizzas or in pasta dishes.