The perfect summer pizza to enjoy - whether you're hosting friends and family or just craving a pizza - no pizza oven needed!
PROSCIUTTO, BURRATA & PEACH PIZZA
- 1 La Cucina Pizza dough, quartered and proofed
- Grand'Aroma Truffle-infused EVOO
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, thinly-sliced
- dried oregano (to taste)
- 1 ball of Grande Cheese mozzarella, grated
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 whole burrata, torn into pieces
- 200g prosciutto, torn into pieces
- fresh basil (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Pre-heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and set your oven's temperature to broil.
2. Meanwhile, spread a bit of flour onto a butcher's block or kitchen counter. Stretch out one of your La Cucina dough balls until it's the size and circumference of a cast iron skillet.
3. Once skillet is piping hot, place stretched-out dough onto the skillet and begin topping with oil, garlic, oregano, mozzarella, peach slices and burrata. (In that order!) Be sure to keep an eye on the bottom of your pizza to ensure it is cooking, but not burning.
4. Once the bottom of your dough is a nice golden brown colour, place your cast iron skillet into the oven's top rack and broil the top of your pizza until fully cooked, about 5-6 minutes. (Note: Make sure you are using good heatproof gloves when handling your hot cast-iron skillet.)
5. Remove pizza from oven and top with prosciutto and fresh basil. You can either enjoy it like this, or place your pizza back in the oven so your prosciutto can crisp up, if preferred. (Note: Cooking your prosciutto will bring out its saltiness. Therefore, you won't need to add any additional salt to your pizza in this case!)
6. Place pizza onto a butcher's block or heat-proof surface to let cool. Cut pizza into slices and enjoy!
7. Repeat process for remaining dough.
This recipe makes 4 personal-sized pizzas that can fit onto a cast iron skillet, but can be adapted for whatever size pizza you are making.