Here are four festive cheese-topped crostini that are bursting with holiday-inspired flavours and perfect for entertaining. Combine them all or choose your favourites to serve at your holiday table this year.
4 FESTIVE HOLIDAY CROSTINI IDEAS FOR THE CHEESE-LOVER
- 1 french baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- extra virgin olive oil
CROSTINI 1: BRIE, FIG & ROSEMARY
- Triple cream brie
- Fig jam
CROSTINI 2: GOAT CHEESE, CHERRIES & MINT
- Soft goat cheese
- Amarena cherries
CROSTINI 3: RED WINE CHEESE, PROSCIUTTO & BALSAMIC
- Red wine-soaked firm goat cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Micro arugula
CROSTINI 4: BLUE CHEESE, WALNUT, PEAR & HONEY
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place your sliced baguette rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil overtop, making sure it is evenly spread on each piece of bread. Bake for 5 minutes, flip, then broil on the other side for a remaining 2 minutes. Remove crostini from the oven when both sides are evenly toasted and golden and let cool slightly.
- Top with your desired festive and holiday-inspired crostini toppings (see INGREDIENTS section above). For Crostini 1 & 3, you may want to pop them back into the oven for a couple of minutes to melt them just slightly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!