An easy and delicious spring or summer pasta recipe!
RIGATONI WITH PROSCIUTTO, PEAS & BURRATA
- 1 bag (500g) rigatoni pasta
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 100g sliced prosciutto, torn into small pieces
- 1 burrata, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup arugula
- Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a generous amount of salt, then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- As the pasta is cooking, whisk together the eggs, grated Grana Padano cheese, basil, chili flakes and a generous pinch of salt.
- Drain the pasta (reserving 1/4 cup pasta water) and immediately add it back to the hot pot it was boiled in. Quickly mix the egg mixture in with the cooked pasta. Carefully toss the pasta and egg mixture together for 1-2 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked. Add the butter and the peas in with the pasta noodles, mixing again until the butter is completely melted. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top with prosciutto, burrata and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with additional chili flakes, if desired, and enjoy!