RICOTTA PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
Ricotta Pumpkin Bundt Cake
For the cake:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground all spice
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup 2 sticks or 1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
3 large eggs room temperature
1 1/4 cups pureed pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling, see recipe notes on consistency
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
For the filling:
1 pound ricotta cheese I used part skim from Belgioiso
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons flour
Confectioner's sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan, tapping out excess flour or see notes for a super easy way to do this. Adjust oven rack down to the bottom third of the oven. For me, this is just one level down from the center.
2. Make the cake. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, vanilla and buttermilk until fully combined. I like to do this in a large liquid measuring cup for easy pouring. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing until incorporated after each addition.
5. Alternate adding flour and pumpkin mixture to the butter mixture (1/3 flour, 1/2 pumpkin , 1/3 flour, 1/2 pumpkin, 1/3 flour) mixing until just combined after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
6. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
7. Make the filling. In a medium bowl or large liquid measuring cup, combine ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons of flour. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Carefully pour all over the top of the cake batter in the bundt pan. Jiggle the pan a bit to even out the cheese mixture, if necessary.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
9. Place a cooling rack on top of the cake and flip cake over and out onto rack. Allow to cool, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.