The perfect way to treat your love this Valentine's Day!
FIG & PISTACHIO BAKED BRIE
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- butter, melted
- 1 wheel Alexis de Portneuf triple crème brie cheese
- 3-4 tbsp fig jam
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shells removed
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) degrees.
- Lay a sheet of filo dough horizontally on a parchment-lined baking tray. Brush with melted butter. Place another sheet on top. Layer with butter. Repeat for the third and fourth sheet.
- Repeat this same process of laying and buttering your remaining filo sheets, only vertically. Make sure to butter each sheet.
- Then, lay your brie wheel in the center. Layer fig jam overtop of your wheel of brie, then fold filo sheet corners over the brie. Brush with more melted butter to secure.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) between 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with honey, then pistachios (so they stick to the top), and then a bit more honey.
- Serve with your favourite crackers or a warm baguette.